A very popular meme over at YouTube is 50 Random facts about me. Since I like to talk about myself a lot, especially in my blog , I decided I will do it here. But then who will be interested in 50 facts about me?! So I decided to go with just 10. So here we go:
- I get very dramatic when I write my blog – I speak the words, I enact the sentences, I live every word. I derive immense joy out of it. I mostly tend to write my blog on days when I have too much on my plate, so I don’t go back and proof read, and thus, often my blog is reeking with spelling and grammatical errors which shames me to no end when I read them later.
- In real life or online, I do not care about my public perception at all. Yes, I get worried about it if I know it is negative. But if it comes up, mostly for a few minutes. I don’t dwell on it.
- My favorite color has always been purple… but a few days back I realized I have secretly liked green more. I cannot live a double life anymore, so I openly admit my favorite color is GREEN.
- I’m basically clueless about time. By that I mean I have no perception about the duration of time. This topic needs more space than that of a small bullet point, so I will reserve it for later.
- Since I started writing my journal at a very tender age, I always used to write a small letter ‘i’ instead of a capital letter ‘I’. Personally, it signified being humble because I used to write mostly about myself. But over the years, especially when writing on a laptop or a computer, it’s just convenient to write an ‘I’ so that it does not get underlined. But I still write a small ‘i’ when I write on paper.
- I never lie. Doesn’t mean I have never lied.
- I’m not religious. I have been struggling with the question of whether I’m an atheist or an agnostic for a long time, but I have not found a resolution yet. Basically, I’m non-theist or humanist, also, I believe, a rational realistic human being. But I’m tolerant of all religions because I have grown up surrounded by very nice people who are deeply religious. I also love going to places of worship and strongly believe that religion, if followed in the correct way, makes a better human being. But, at the same time, it makes me sad that people would need a religion to be good person. Morality should not be a choice, and it cannot be bought at the cost of fear.
- Contradicting the above point, I am addicted to casual astrology. I don’t believe in it or take it seriously, but I definitely read my horoscope everyday. #sorryReason
- Having pets is more important to me than having babies. Adopting orphans is more important to me than having babies of my own.
- I think #tags are super cool. I don’t miss any opportunity to use them in a funny way. I think I have demonstrated that twice already. #noThriceNow #faceIt
If you think these are interesting, then let me know so that I can keep them coming!! #shamelessSelfPublicity
Also leave a comment, and tell me at least one fact about you!,